Monday, March 9, 2009

Free Stuff!

One of my all-time favorite pastimes is shopping. And especially bargain shopping. My mother is convinced I inherited this trait from my great-grandmother, who was the height of fashion but always loved a good deal. I'm not sure where it came from, but I love love LOVE to be frugal...in a good way, of course. I love thrift stores, clearance racks, outlet malls, and eBay. I once bought a pair of shoes for $1.99 (cute shoes, from American Eagle) and loved them so dearly that I literally wore them into the ground, until the heels came apart. I actually just had to retire them this year, but they lasted me seven good long years and they never looked their age (well, until the heel broke off). Okay, enough reminiscing about my shoewear graveyard.

So, one of my fun little hobbies is surfing the Web for free stuff. It's amazing how many goodies are out there! This is one I've been visiting for years. I've gotten a lot out of it, too! I actually have three shoeboxes in my bathroom full of toothpaste, dental floss, shampoo, anacids, trick-or-treat bags, a space camp DVD, and other odds and ends right now. Okay, so maybe I didn't really need the space camp DVD, which I've never even watched. But besides my need to occasionally buy/get for free things I don't really need....

Check out Hey It's Free. You'll get fun free stuff! And if you don't really need it, someone else might. Every year I cleanse out my stash and donate a bunch of the hygeine products to a local homeless shelter. Just another way to help out and feed my shopping/freebie addiction!

1 comment:

  1. This is the best site ever! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete