Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Eat, Cook, Love

I love food. I love to eat it, smell it, cook it, have it cooked for me, watch TV shows about it, read about it, talk about it, and share it, and I love to grocery shop. When I was in second grade, I had to write a list of my hobbies on a poster board in front of the class. At the top of that list was “eating.” My teacher told me that eating wasn’t a hobby. I told her that for me, it sure was! Lately, I’ve been trying, as always, to eat healthy. I also always give up dessert for Lent. This year I’m just giving up desserts with sugar…I can still have sugar-free treats. So, needless to say, I’ve only been looking at more food blogs and more dessert recipes. You always want what you can’t have! I’m a diehard foodie and I obsess over my food blogs.


Here are some of my favorites (excepting the always wonderful Smitten Kitchen, of course)!


  1. HungryGirl: Not really a true blog, but a daily e-mail newsletter. I’ve been reading it for years and I love it! It’s such a fun way to start my day. They review new items, give out recipes with great substitutions to make food yummy yet healthy, have tons of coupons and great deals, and it’s just fun to read. They also have a couple of cookbooks now and a great search function on the website (which searches every recipe or item ever mentioned in all of the many e-newsletters. I think they’re starting to take over the world!

  2. The Traveler's Lunchbox: I love the writing style and the bookshelf is always good to check out for cooking references. I haven't made any of the recipes posted yet, but I love to check them out and bookmark them for future use.

  3. Baking Bites: I love to bake and love to drool over the photos and descriptions of some of these yummy recipes. I made a sugar cookie recipe I found on here that was delish, but can't find it again to link. But I bet all these cookies are good!

  4. Serious Eats: Great food news, fun facts and photos, yummy recipes, and good reading.

  5. Cupcakes Take the Cake: I don't think I need to say much here. Cupcakes are the BEST!!!!


And I have to share an AMAZING recipe I made that I got off of my favorite food blog, Smitten Kitchen. I think these are really supposed to be a dessert, but I have them for breakfast, too. They’re a great potluck item and can be eaten hot out of the oven or chilled. Also, you can easily substitute other fruits for the blueberries and mix it up a bit, which is always fun to do.

Blueberry Crumb Bars

No comments:

Post a Comment