Thursday, May 28, 2009

What to Do With a Can of Pumpkin Part II


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Makes: 24 cupcakes

1 (1-pound 2.3-oz) package pudding-included yellow cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Cinnamon Frosting:
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. In large bowl, combine all cupcake ingredients except chocolate chips; beat at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at high speed. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.

2. Bake at 350°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool 20 minutes or until completely cooled.

3. Stir cinnamon into vanilla frosting. Frost cooled cupcakes.
These are so tasty! Light and really moist (probably due to the cake mix) but definitely one of my new favorite cupcakes. These did not last long in our house! For the cinnamon frosting, I actually used some leftover cream cheese frosting I had already made the week before and just stirred in some cinnamon (I used more than 2 teaspoons, probably more like 2 tablespoons to get it cinnamony enough for my taste buds).

This is just a random recipe that came with my cookbook program so it might be a Pillsbury recipe or might not. I don't have a real way to attribute it but I can't take credit for it myself. :)

2 comments:

  1. That recipe looks delish! And I LOVE the cupcake box! Where is that from? Is it paper? I'm on the lookout for cute to go boxes of all types. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend got it for me at Target a couple years ago (in the dollar aisle, I believe). I've been looking for a similar one ever since and can't find them anywhere! Right after I made the pumpkin cupcakes (I took that box up to my mom for Mother's Day) it got trashed and I had to toss it. Sad! I have found some online but not in stores. I'll definitely keep my eye out for you!

    ReplyDelete