Saturday, May 9, 2009

Beauty on the Cheap

I'm not a total girly girl, but I love being pampered like there's no tomorrow. I have come to the conclusion after much research that I'm just not a massage kind of person. My vice is facials. Last year I decided to get a facial monthly to help my skin be as perfect as possible for my wedding day (it worked!); but I also didn't want to break the bank.

Instead, I started frequenting the local beauty school of cosmetology (here's a great one with branches all across the country: Marinello Schools of Beauty). Prices range from $15 on up to $40 and they are definitely worth the price.

You might not be in a private spa room, but it's actually very quiet and relaxing and the students are monitored by trained teachers, so I actually feel like they focus more and put in more attention than at some professional spas and salons I've visited for the same services. I highly recommend! Had a great one today and it was fabulous! A 90-minute deep pore facial for $30? Talk about a great deal! (And they have coupons for 50% off all the time, too!)

There are also massage schools in my area (probably yours, too; Google to find out!) and professional massage therapists oversee students or perform massages themselves.

These schools are also great places to get hair styled (I've been afraid to get it cut by a student since I was in college, but I have friends who do it regularly and happily), nails done, etc. Happy pampering!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, I am definitely making myself a facial appointment! Thanks for sharing!
    Helena

    ReplyDelete