Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tofu Bok Choy Stir-Fry

Okay, sorry for the weird font issues I'm having lately on the blog. I'm trying to get it all solved but just pretend it all matches for now. :)

Time for true confessions. I love to eat healthy and make good-for-you meals, and I love tofu but...I've never actually cooked with it. This was my mission to try out some new stuff and make something yummy.

I found this recipe just by searching online for something I could make with ingredients I already had on hand. It was surprisingly easier than I anticipated and I LOVE this new recipe! This is going on my "keep" list for sure.



Tofu Bok Choy Stir-Fry

1 pound firm or extra-firm tofu (I used extra firm)
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 to 4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 good-sized bunch bok choy (stalks and leaves), sliced crosswise and rinsed
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 to 4 tablespoons stir-fry sauce, or to taste (I made my own with ponzu sauce, low-sodium soy sauce, dark sesame oil, and a little bit of garlic teriyaki sauce)
2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts, optional (I didn't use these, but only 'cause I didn't have any!)

Directions:

1. Cut the tofu into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Blot well between clean tea-towels or several layers of paper towel, then cut into 1/2-inch dice.

2. Heat the oil in a stir-fry pan or wide skillet. Add the tofu and stir-fry over medium-high heat until golden on most sides.

3. Add the bok choy, scallions, garlic, stir-fry sauce, and about 2 tablespoons of water. Quickly stir together, then stir-fry for another 3 to 4 minutes, just until the bok choy and its leaves are wilted.

4. Stir in the optional peanuts and serve at once.

Recipe from: Nava Atlas, savvyvegetarian.com

No comments:

Post a Comment